How do you fix a cracked screen
If you have an iPhone with a cracked screen, you’re not alone. According to iFixit, a website that provides repair guides and parts for electronics, as many as 11 million iPhones were damaged in some way in 2017. While it’s possible to take your phone to an Apple store or another authorized service center for repair, it can be expensive. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try to fix the screen yourself.
The Most Common Phone Screens That Get Cracked
The iphone is one of the most popular cell phones on the market and therefore, it is also the most common phone that has a cracked screen. There are many reasons that your phone screen could crack. Maybe you dropped your phone and the impact caused the screen to shatter. Or maybe your phone was in your pocket when you sat down and the pressure from your body caused the screen to break. Whatever the reason, if you have a cracked screen on your iphone, don’t worry there are ways to fix it.
How To Fix A Cracked Screen On An iPhone
If you have a cracked screen on your iPhone, there are a few ways that you can go about fixing it. One way is to go to an Apple Store and have them fix it for you. This will be the most expensive option, but it is also one of the easiest. All you have to do is bring your phone in and they will replace the screen for you.
A second option is to take it into a certified technician at Crack Screens. This option is a cheaper and easier option than going to the Apple Store and is much faster because the technician will already have the parts in-house to replace it.
The third option and the cheapest option is to do it yourself. To do this, you will need to purchase a replacement screen and a toolkit. The toolkit should include everything you need to fix the phone, such as screws, screwdrivers, and adhesive. Once you have the replacement screen and the toolkit, you can follow these steps to fix your phone:
1) Power off your phone and remove the battery
2) Remove the six screws on the back of your phone that hold on the case
3) Pry open the case using a pry tool or a spudger
4) Locate the old screen and remove the four screws that hold it in place
5) Remove the old screen and disconnect the cables that are attached to it
6) Connect the cables to the new screen and secure it in place with the screws
7) Close up the phone and replace the battery
8) Power on your phone and test it out
No matter which method you choose, make sure that you handle your broken phone screen with care. The glass is fragile and can easily break into smaller pieces if you are not careful. Handle your phone screen gently and make sure that it is in a secure place when you are not using it. And, most importantly, avoid dropping your phone again! A cracked screen is already frustrating enough, so do everything you can to prevent it from happening again.
If you have a cracked screen on your iPhone, don’t worry there are ways to fix it. One way is to go to an Apple Store and have them fix it for you. Another way is to do it yourself. No matter which method you choose, make sure that you handle your broken phone screen with care. Avoid dropping your phone again.
Whatever precautions you take, your phone’s screen may be damaged in a variety of ways.
- How To: Place It on a Hard Surface
- When you’re sitting on your phone in your back pocket.
- When your phone is in your pocket or purse, you may bump into things.
- Using anything other than a stylus as a stylus.
In this case, you can find the best iPhone screen protectors to keep your phone away from any more physical damage. Glass protector films mostly shield the top and front part of the phone and can keep it functioning as close to new as possible. If you are someone who is hard on their devices or lives a high-impact lifestyle, then a glass film protector is something you should strongly consider for your device. The good news is that most of these types of protectors do not affect how Touch ID works so you can continue using your fingerprint scanning technology as normal.
Scratches and cracks on the screen are unavoidable if your phone doesn’t have a protective cover. There are plenty of screen repair businesses, but learning how to fix (or at least deal with) a shattered smartphone display yourself might save you a few hundred dollars.
Instructions in this article are applicable to smartphones manufactured by a variety of companies.
What Causes Cracked Phone Screens?
You can harm your phone’s screen in a variety of ways, even if you are careful:
- Being careless with a knife.
- When you’re sitting on your phone in your back pocket, it’s easy to sit on it wrong.
- When you’re walking around, bumping into items because your phone is in your pocket or handbag.
- Any other type of stylus than a touch screen.
The most effective way to prevent a cracked phone screen is to use a protective cover. iPhone and Android handset covers are available in a variety of styles and colors to safeguard your display.
It’s possible that your phone is leaking fluid due to a damaged battery. Remove the SIM card and any other removable parts, then seal the phone in a plastic bag until you can get it repaired by an expert.
How to Repair a Smartphone’s Screen That Is Broken
If the screen is completely shattered and all you see is a black abyss, your phone is likely not salvageable. However, if there is still some display visible and the cracks are not too deep, you may be able to fix it yourself. If the damage is more extensive, you will likely need to take your phone to a professional.
If you have a device with a detachable battery, like an iPhone 12 or 13 series, remove the battery and charger from the device before attempting any repairs. If your device has a non-removable battery, skip this step.
Depending on the severity of the damage, you may have a variety of alternatives for repairing your cracked screen
- The first thing you will need to do is acquire a new screen for your device. This can be done either through an online retailer or a local repair shop.
- Once you have the new screen, you will need to remove the old one. This is usually done by using a suction cup or heat gun to separate the adhesive that holds it in place. Be very careful not to damage the surrounding frame of the phone.
- Next, install the new screen by aligning it with the frame and pressing it into place. Make sure that all of the connectors and buttons line up correctly.
- Reattach charger (if applicable) and turn on your phone. If everything has been installed correctly, you should see no difference in how your device functions.
- Use packing tape. Using a tiny piece of sealing tape, cover the fractures. Use an X-Acto knife to cut the tape if the damage is on the phone’s side.
- Use super glue. Superglue, commonly known as cyanoacrylate glue, can be used to heal minor fissures. Apply just enough and wipe off any extra with a cotton swab or towel.
- If you have the ability to use your touchscreen, you may replace the glass yourself for roughly $25-$50. The equipment required will be determined by your phone’s type.
- If you can’t fix it yourself, contact the maker. The manufacturer may replace your phone for free if it is still covered by a warranty. Even if the warranty has ended, the manufacturer may repair it for a fee. Accidental damages aren’t covered under most manufacturer warranties, but secondary warranties are available.
- If you have an iPhone, there are a few alternative options for repairing cracked screens on that operating system.
- If your phone is still not working, contact your mobile provider. Customers may get discounts on phone repair services from their mobile provider. For assistance, call customer care or go to a local store.
- Take it in to have it fixed. Screen replacement can cost anywhere from $90 to $200 depending on the model of your device. There will be an additional fee if the touchscreen functionality is lost.
- You can sell your phone to buy a new one. You may as well trade in your damaged phone and use the money you receive to purchase a new one if you’re due for an upgrade. Websites such as uSell and Glyde will purchase your broken phone for around half of what you paid for it. There are also websites dedicated to selling used Apple phones.
If you don’t feel comfortable fixing the screen yourself, you can always take it to our repair center. But if you’re willing to try, follow the steps above.